Rather than compose elaborate resolutions for the year to come, simply do, in some small way, what you intend to do all year:
- Say “Thank you” to at least one person.
- Make one healthy choice about your body—food or drink or rest or motion.
- Do one generous act, big or small.
- Say “yes” to the day’s gifts.
- Get quiet for five minutes, just to be still.
- Let one person know that you appreciate him or her.
- Do one creative act, big or small.
- Allow yourself to consider what someone else is going through.
- Do one thing well and with full attention.
- Open your arms—and your heart—to God.
If you did it today, you can do it again, and again.