This post is based on Week Six of An Ignatian Prayer Adventure.
Fr. Joseph Tetlow, SJ, makes these key points in talking about the challenge of the Second Week of the Spiritual Exercises and praying the colloquy.
- The Incarnation was a historical event, but it’s also an ongoing event.
- We are Christ’s mystical body in the world.
- Colloquy sums up what we are praying for: to know him more clearly, love him more dearly, and follow him more nearly.
- Our challenge is to live the way Jesus lived.
- We become more like Jesus each day when we act as he acted.