Today, March 13, we celebrate Pope Francis’s fourth anniversary. To honor the occasion, enjoy some of his inspiring and challenging words.
- “When we receive and welcome him into our heart, the Holy Spirit immediately begins to make us sensitive to his voice and to guide our thoughts, our feelings, and our intentions according to the heart of God.”
- “The Lord always chooses his way to enter our lives. Often he does so slowly, so slowly that we are in danger of losing our patience a little. But Lord, when?”
- “God is indeed waiting for you; he asks of you only the courage to go to him.”
- “Being holy is not a privilege for the few, as if someone had a large inheritance; in baptism we all have an inheritance, which is the ability to become saints. Holiness is a vocation for everyone.”
- “Being free always to choose goodness is demanding, but it will make you into people with backbone who can face life, people with courage and patience.”
- “What do I do with my life? Do I create unity around me? Or do I cause division by gossip, criticism, or envy?”
- “True mercy, the mercy God gives to us and teaches us, demands justice; it demands that the poor find the way to be poor no longer.”
- “Let us ask ourselves today: are we open to ‘God’s surprises’?”
Read more from Pope Francis in Embracing the Way of Jesus and The Church of Mercy.
As a convert I could not be more pleased with our spiritual leader…May God bless and preserve him.
Choosing GOODNESS (#5) inspires and challenges me this morning!
May God give us Pope Francis for many more years. He is the greatest. I love quote #8.
I say a prayer each day for the intentions of the Holy Father. Today I say a special prayer for the Holy Father himself. I remember the day of his election he asked the congregation to pray for him and started with an Our Father, a Hail Mary and a Glory Be…I have said that prayer today for you, Pope Francis. God bless you and keep you safe in the palm of His hand always!
God bless our Holy Father with good health and stamina.